Old 07-02-2007, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default OT Tetanus jabs

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 7 Feb, 10:53, Sacha wrote:
Just a word of warning to those who haven't had a tetanus jab lately.
Please keep up to date! Those working with sharp implements and/or
delving
into the soil need them. My husband tried to separate two of our dogs
having a fight last Friday

Ths is very well, or perhaps not, but your husband got bitten by your
own dog and therefore didn't get infected by soil. But, he is a
nursery man, working with soil all the time. How truly bizarre to give
such a warning to gardeners who are, I very much suspect, up to date
with their jabs, I know I am - 4 years before the next one - and not
look closer to home?!

You have set me thinking.... I've never had a tetanus jab in my whole life
!!
I worked on farms, with horses, pigs, various crops etc and never thought
about it.
Do you think it's essential for home gardeners /
Jenny