Old 07-02-2007, 12:35 PM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default OT Tetanus jabs

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 10:53:19 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Consequently, on Sunday morning he was in so much pain and his hand so
swollen, with the pain travelling up his arm, that he had to go to our
local hospital for a tetanus jab and has been put on hefty antibiotics.

Oh that sounds more like cellulitis, particularly the travelling up the
arm bit. Any broad red lines below the skin surface?

If it is cellulitis it needs to be taken very seriously. I got the red
tracking in my leg just before christmas a year or two back, didn't think
much of it at first but ended up in hospital for four days being given
antibiotic injections by the gramme (not 1/4 or 1/2 gramme as is the
normal dose) every four hours. Off work for four weeks...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail