Old 07-02-2007, 05:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jo Ann Jo Ann is offline

Default Emerald Ash Borer: Will the cold kill it?

On Feb 6, 9:09 pm, Ash Guy wrote:
I can't find anything on the net regarding the Emerald Ash Borer and
low temperature tolerance.

Will this cold spell over the Michigan and Ontario kill the EAB?

Has anyone done studies to see how much cold these buggers can
tolerate?

I don't know whether cold tolerance studies have been done, but we
have been warned about the EAB (don't transport firewood, etc.) in
Michigan for many years, so I've got to assume the cold has not killed
them in that time.

Jo Ann