Old 07-02-2007, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default OT Tetanus jabs

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 14:54:45 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Tetanus is one of the normal (UK) childhood immunisations, comes with
the one against diptheria and something else.

Dip. tet and polio.

Polio is one on it's own, used to be oral on a sugar lump. Wanders off
and finds the third was Whooping Cough.

He'd had tet injections in the past but had simply forgotten to renew
- not surprising as nowadays it covers you for something like ten
years, I think.

I get the feeling that ten years is the figure they pin on, just to be
safe, when they don't really know how long the protection lasts. It's
reasonably accepted these days that if you've had three boosters there is
no need to bother anymore.

Not sure when it was introduced as a routine childhood immunisations in
the UK but I'm pretty sure I got it as a child which would have been
early 60's...

Also, he's not the type that's inclined to fuss over health issues.

Neither am I but you can get caught...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail