Old 07-02-2007, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default OT Tetanus jabs

On Feb 7, 11:10 am, "La Puce" wrote in response to Sacha:

Just a word of warning to those who haven't had a tetanus jab lately.

Ths is very well, or perhaps not, but your husband got bitten by your
own dog and therefore didn't get infected by soil.

So, getting bitten by one's own dog is any less hazardous than being
bitten by any other? Tetanus can be transmitted via animal bites as
well as directly from the soil. Look it up!

But, he is a
nursery man, working with soil all the time. How truly bizarre to give
such a warning to gardeners who are, I very much suspect, up to date
with their jabs, I know I am - 4 years before the next one - and not
look closer to home?

Oh for goodness sake stop trying to score points by attempting a
sanctimonious jibe at what was a well-meaning warning brought on by an
accident that could befall us all. Remembering to get jabs is easily
forgotten by many and I wouldn't mind betting that most gardeners are
equally forgetful.

Stop trying it on, I can see the game you're trying to play. Don't
start that again Puce.