Old 07-02-2007, 04:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Starlord Starlord is offline

Default Iris replanted

A combo of Ground Squarrls and Jackribbits, the photo with this ones shows
the iris rhizome has been dug out by the critters from above the ground. I
did find one thing that would stop them, but have not been able to get
anymore yet, but it's something that easy to get once I'm over the car wreck
more, good old anti-frizze, the 5 iris I put it on have not been touched
since I did.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Starlord" wrote:

This shows what I was able to do on monday, I put what was left of the
iris
in this bed into pots and whatever was eating the iris didn't touch these
last night. It's hard for me to do this, but this is about the only way
I'm
going to save any iris from my garden.

Probably Moles. :-(
We had them when we lived in that general area (Lake Hughes).

Too bad your kitties (like ours) are all indoors. We had one gray tabby
female named "Patience" that was death on Moles!

Might just want to consider giant container gardens. It conserves water
anyway?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack
Nicholson

Attached Thumbnails
Iris replanted-photo2-06-1012.jpg