Old 07-02-2007, 04:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Ascf Media Arnold 'Crimson Glow' X Neofinetia falcata

Sometimes plants self fertilize. There's a fancy word for this. Just the
interference with the reproductory organs makes a pod set which turns out to
be a selfing rather than a cross. I always thought this would turn out a
false pregnancy, ie a pod filled with chaff. But a friend of mine had this
happen a couple of times to a few of his crosses. Now don't quote me. I'm
only barely remembering this and (as usual) I'm probably wrong or off base.
Someone will fill us in on the right term for this and set me straight.
K Barrett

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
.. .
I really don't know. I was wondering the same thing when it first bloomed.
The pink lip is the only color. I keep it for that, plus there's a very
nice fragrance that's not very noticable unless you're right on top of it.
And it's a reliable bloomer for those who like the pastels and small
flowers (my wife).
Gary

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
So where's the Ascda Meda Arnold in this one?

K Barrett