Old 08-02-2007, 12:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
MFLyons MFLyons is offline

Default Mystery plant

I have a plant that I was given a start of years ago by someone who called
it Rick-rack plant. I realize that is a common name often given to
Epiphyllum (Orchid cactus). However it does not look like my Epiphyllum or
any picture of one that I can find. It looks even less like Hylocereus
undatus (night-blooming cerus) which I also have. Those are the two closest
plants I can think of, and it does seem to enjoy the same conditions that
they do. It runs in my mind that I did find a proper name for it once, but
if so, I lost it.

I uploaded 3 pictures to the files area of
http://groups.google.com/group/floridagardening

Epiphyllum, Mystery plant, and Mystery plant 2. The last picture is just to
show how convoluted the leaves (or maybe they're really branches) are.