Old 07-02-2007, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Totally OT, help requested

On 7 Feb, 21:16, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:
That's very kind: one of the problems the youngsters have with this kind
of thing is getting enough independent participants. But I'm afraid
that, as I'm one of the guinea pigs, it might tend to invalidate the
experiment if I knew what it was about!* My guess is probably much the
same as yours: I imagine he's hoping to compare people's results on one
kind of test with those on another, and see if there's any difference
which can be correlated with other known factors. The task may be to
compare two differing schools of thought; but I really have no idea.

My son did a similar exercise a few months ago with questionnaire
addressed to possible employers and if/why/when/ etc. they would
employ a 16 years old. He does economic and loves it - I had to
however spend a whole evening stuffing envelopes and sending it to
suppliers, friends and whoever crossed my mind. What we wouldn't do
for our lil' ones.

To Martin: yes, I spotted a typo, too; but I can't remember where it
was.

I spotted the mistake on exercise 48, thankyouverymuch. It reads 'on
the of the on the'. Poor lad ;o)