Old 08-02-2007, 07:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc
Robert Goodrick Robert Goodrick is offline

Default OT Tetanus jabs

Sacha wrote:

Just a word of warning to those who haven't had a tetanus jab lately.
Please keep up to date! Those working with sharp implements and/or delving
into the soil need them.

Some do and some don't. :-)

I have been known to play with sharp implements, my fist tetanus was in
62 after nicking the artery in my thumb. The next one that I had was
about ten years ago when I severed/cut two tendons in a finger, the
nurse asked me when the last one was and saw me pause and gave me a
double booster :-(

In the mean time between 62 - 97 [stop reading now Mike] I have had one
finger in a band saw [deep cut] that I just taped up. Stuck the blade of
a boning knife threw the joint of one finger [just taped up]. Filleted
the palm of my hand ... yes, just taped up. Clipped a main vain in the
arm in the wrist area close to the artery, blood shot up over a foot.
All I did was tape it up sat on the back step with a hot cup of tea and
a pack of cigarettes. Stabbed myself in the stomach with a boning knife
..... just taped it up.

I seem to have more problems if I go to the hospital as they want to
give me all these free things, all I have used on myself is telfa pads
and tape. And yes I have been told that I should get things seen too, I
have a wife who is a nurse and has been preaching to me for over thirty
five years. :-)

I tend to heal well and fast with little scaring, probably this is due
to healthy food, on the other hand I might have just been plain lucky.