Old 08-02-2007, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default OT Tetanus jabs

On 8/2/07 01:58, in article
, "Farm1"
please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

snip

Snap! I have 2 Jack Russells and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel .

I say it's the sublime to the rididulous - the sublime breed varies
given the circumstances - sometimes it's the JRs and sometimes the
King Chuck.

One of my daughters has a KC bitch - sweet little dog but she can certainly
stand her ground with 'the boys'!

and a wire haired Dachshund that's the problem!
One Jackie and Oscar the whd, are tussling it out for who's leader

of the
pack - or who is second in the pack. Oscar is entire, the JRs

aren't but it
seems to make no difference to the JRs in terms of sheer bloody

mindedness.

I know exactly what you mean about JRs! In our case one of our JRs is
entire and the other isn't. My boy, (Bertrand Rusell Jack Russell -
aka Bertie) has been neutered and is a lovely wee man but he simply
won't let my husband's entire JR (just plain old Max - he's a thick
boofhead but a very good looking dog who has been called on to do his
duty in producing litters for neighbours) dominate him.

Sometimes Bertie just stands there and shakes with his head averted as
Max growls whilst guarding the food bowl or a human's feet or whatever
it is he's trying to be dominant about and sometimes Bertie will just
finally have enough and just go for him. But the problem is always
started by Max.

Our JRs are called Russell & Bromley and they're litter brothers. Russell
is the biggest wuss in terms of overall timidity about things and people new
and strange but he's also the one that starts most, if not all, of the
fights. The only time Oscar (the dachie) growls at the others is if they
threaten his food and that isn't often an option as he could easily
substitute for a hoover at mealtimes!

Love them both as I do, I will never have two together again!

I think that half the fun of JRs is having 2 together and we've not
really had any problems before till Max. But then we do live n a farm
and they go off hunting rabbits and things together and have a lovely
time. And we never really had a problem with them till the CKC
arrived. Max treats the CKC as being "his" bitch and Bertie is not
allowed to go near him. (But if the CKC starts rogering Bertie then
somehow Max sees that as being Bertie's fault and goes for Bertie).

All this sounds very familiar, too. Our two go rabbiting together and
always make me think of small boys who have a tear in their shorts and their
socks falling down and their shirt collars all over the place! They're very
popular here if they catch a rabbit or three, because rabbits and young
plants are not a good combination.
snip
Thanks so much. Slowly mending and I hope the overnight hospital
stay is
going to do the trick.

I hope it does too. But there is also another dimension to this. I
always think an overnight stay in hospital is good for a man in any
circumstances. It knocks them off thier perch a bit and they stop
acting like Jack Russells for a short while (at least it's done so
with my husband who has recently retired and is still recovering from
the luxury of having 2,000 staff and thinks that I'll put up with his
attempts at managerial antics) ;-P

Oh that isn't Ray. He's very quiet and unassuming in his way but at the
same time has quite a commanding presence. It's hard to explain but his
perch is secure. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk