Old 08-02-2007, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Mandevillas

On 8/2/07 09:05, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

"BIGTOM" wrote in message
ups.com...
I was wondering where I might buy some Mandevilla plants.
They are very spectacular but I haven't much luck in keeping them
alive.

The evergreen sorts are quite tender and although I keep them in an unheated
greenhouse would prefer it a bit warmer, say min +5. There is a species
which becomes deciduous in the uk if cold that is reasonable successful on a
warm wall outside, and that is mandevilla laxa (syn M sauveolans)

I've had that growing on a wall in Jersey but even there lost it one year to
a frost of around -5. It's a shame because it's such a lovely thing.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk