Old 08-02-2007, 09:59 AM posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default OT Tetanus jabs

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 11:34:32 +1100, Farm1 wrote:

I got the red tracking in my leg just before christmas a year or two
back, didn't think much of it at first but ended up in hospital for
four days

This comment has made me curious. I had drummed into me from
childhood on, that a red stripe moving out from a skin puncture was
REALLY serious and not to be ignored

The tender faint red lines where about 6" long at the top of my leg no
where near any skin punctures. Apart from the tenderness they looked more
like a broad gentle scratch. They also faded within my normal "if it
doesn't show signs of improvement in 24hrs I'll start to worry" window.
I'd simply not come across or heard about this inflamation of the lymph
system before and what it meant in terms if infection elsewhere.

I'm well aware of infection actually at wound sites and will open up
infected wounds to remove any puss (even if not visible), clean, and make
sure there is good flow of blood.

and I'm sure you know that too.

I do now!

--