Old 08-02-2007, 03:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
simy1 simy1 is offline

Default Problems growing cucumbers

Wow!! I had not idea that was what might be causing the problem. I
remember years ago I had cucumbers coming out of my ears and squash
too. Now I have problems with growing squash as well.( At least
now I know and can stop spending money on vegies that aren't able to
grow in my garden. I'll spend the money or stuff that I know will
grow !

squash is the same, though traditionally more wilt resistant than
cukes, it will
still get it. I grow golden zucchini, I think they are named Gold
Rush, because
they are an early variety. Same story as the cukes. At some point you
lose the race
and remove the plants, but the early types give me maybe ten zucchini
per plant
before going.