Old 08-02-2007, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeanne Stockdale Jeanne Stockdale is offline

Default Weather where you are

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Broadback" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:
Rain overnight on the Isle of Wight. Now sunny with blue skies and a
few white fluffy clouds.

Cold.

Mike

Where I am, North Staffordshire, low lying there is a cover of snow and
a little very fine snow still falling. None of the "large heavy flakes"
forecast, time yet I suppose.

About 6 inches of snow in Windsor!

It's starting to melt now!

Alan

Here in South Cheshire we woke up to about 0.5" of snow and about 50 or so
field fares picking the fruit from what I think is a type of Malus.
Throughout the day they have been slowly stripping the tree of its fruit and
have now been joined by about the same number of starlings. The latter don't
fly onto the tree - they just wait underneath for anything that is dropped.
It is now snowing quite hard again and not only are the birds going for the
fruit, but they are also all over the lawn digging for who knows what!!

Jeanne