Old 18-02-2003, 06:51 PM
D Kat

Default 18" of Snow on Long Island - yes this too is global warming

After failing to find a water heater anywhere locally I went out and bought
an air bubbler to keep a hole open in the pond. It was doing such a gallant
job and then we got over 18" of snow in one day. I can't even see where the
pond exists let alone a hole somewhere in the vast blanket of white on our
back yard. even the chairs and benches are under. I have to laugh at the
misconception folks have of global warming, thinking it means we will all
have San Diego weather when in fact what it means is that with the ocean
covering most of our earth being the heat sink and the weather maker we will
have more extremes of all weather. The "snowstorm of the century" was just
a few years ago and we missed beating that record by a couple of inches.
The previous 2 record beaters were I believe since 1988. DKat