Old 09-02-2007, 05:56 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyh View Post
Hopefully someone can tell me if this is feasible. We've recently cut
away flowerbeds from a (newly) fully turfed back garden, and currently
have all the excess turf piled up in one corner.
I don't like throwing away my topsoil either, cos its good stuff and the stuff you buy is expensive and source unknown.
I've thrown turves from new planting areas into a composting bin. Now in theory if you have the mix right, ie lots of non-soil to mix with it, then it ought to compost quickly. But in practice I didn't have enough of the other stuff for the right mix, so it has taken a good two years to become lovely stuff.