Old 09-02-2007, 03:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jadel jadel is offline

Default Oh Happy Day; the ironical version.

On Feb 9, 10:07 am, "Ray B" wrote:
When I lived in SC - usually very sunny in the winter, even if it did get
pretty cold at times - my "benches" were bread flats on top of 55-gallon
drums filled with water and painted black to help solar gain.

That technique worked so well that it was tough to get phals to bloom - it
just wouldn't cool enough unless I opened a vent. Of course I did have 30
drums in a 14' x 14' greenhouse.

Thirty drums?! No wonder it stayed toasty. The aisles must have been
a bit tight.

J. Del Col