Old 09-02-2007, 03:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] jankey@erols.com is offline

Default Oh Happy Day; the ironical version.

On Feb 8, 9:21 pm, Dayton wrote:

When I left for work yesterday morning at 6:30 a.m., it was minus 15°F
(not counting the wind) in mid-coast Maine. I've taken to putting an
extra sheet of plexiglass between the window orchids and the windows
they're in. Seem to keep them from dying.

i stuck bubble wrap to my windows. plants still look sickly, and the
damn phals still aren't spiking.

al, you are a better man than i am. i have two dozen that get hauled
in to the kitchen and watered in the sink once a week, and that's a
big enough pain in the butt for me.

--j_a