Old 09-02-2007, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default OT Tetanus jabs

"Sacha" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

snip

Snap! I have 2 Jack Russells and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

..

I say it's the sublime to the rididulous - the sublime breed

varies
given the circumstances - sometimes it's the JRs and sometimes the
King Chuck.

One of my daughters has a KC bitch - sweet little dog but she can

certainly
stand her ground with 'the boys'!

For some reason, that comment made me think of how the girls can stand
there ground with the boys here too.

Our JRs are called Russell & Bromley and they're litter brothers.

I like those names! (And I do know that firm. We named out first
litter brothers in a similar way - they were Bert and Ernie - Bertie
was Betrand Russsell Jack Russell and Ernie was Ernie Dingo Jack
Russell - Ernie Dingo being a lovele Aboriginal man who is an actor.
People always though they were named after the Muppets. Ernie
unfortunately died from snakebite but he got 4 or 5 before that last
one got him)

Russell
is the biggest wuss in terms of overall timidity about things and

people new
and strange but he's also the one that starts most, if not all, of

the
fights.

Sound a bit like Bert, but he will take a lot before he finally goes
for Max.

The only time Oscar (the dachie) growls at the others is if they
threaten his food and that isn't often an option as he could easily
substitute for a hoover at mealtimes!

Our Cav is like that. He dances like a circus dog when he thinks
there is some leftovers that he'll get to eat. Best dishlicker in the
business. His bowl looks like it's just come from the cupboard and
been sanitised clean and the other dog's bowls are too once he's done
his duty and done the housework on them - The JRs wander off leaving
all sorts fo tidbits but 2 seconds of the dishlicker and they look
pristine again.

All this sounds very familiar, too. Our two go rabbiting together

and
always make me think of small boys who have a tear in their shorts

and their
socks falling down and their shirt collars all over the place!

They're very
popular here if they catch a rabbit or three, because rabbits and

young
plants are not a good combination.

Sounds familair to me and that description is spot on! The smiley
faces when they come back looking fat and dirty!
snip
Thanks so much. Slowly mending and I hope the overnight

hospital
stay is
going to do the trick.

I hope it does too. But there is also another dimension to this.

always think an overnight stay in hospital is good for a man in

any
circumstances. It knocks them off thier perch a bit and they stop
acting like Jack Russells for a short while (at least it's done so
with my husband who has recently retired and is still recovering

from
the luxury of having 2,000 staff and thinks that I'll put up with

his
attempts at managerial antics) ;-P

Oh that isn't Ray. He's very quiet and unassuming in his way but at

the
same time has quite a commanding presence. It's hard to explain but

his
perch is secure. ;-)

Snap! You could be describing my husband.

Just wait till he gets home and then observe, keeping in mind what I
said about JRs. It's a chastening experieince I found for a fit and
healthy and very independent and self sufficent man to suddenly find
himself in a strange place and being bossed by people who know better
than him. My man finally seemed to recognise that he did have some
vulnerabilities - about time.