Old 09-02-2007, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Space Space is offline

Default OT Tetanus jabs

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 8 Feb, 21:32, "Space" wrote:

it all depends on whether or not Ray injured himself whilst working with
soil, or if if he had open sores.
dog bites are relevant to this scenario.
just because he works with soil does not mean he is at risk. it would
depend upon inury or prior injury whilst gardening.

Hello Space. Sure - it's just that I thought it was funny, that's all.
I cannot work anywhere without proving I've got my jabs, my steel toe
boots, my criminal record check when with kids, etc. The chap's
holding a plant nurserie and didn't have a tetanus jab - it's just
strange. I was talking about this with my friend who's a tree surgeon,
even he has checks when he's being monitored when taking on
youngsters. I think it's best if I don't give my opinion - or best not
give my opinion when 'some' people are invovled. But I want to thank
you for a previous post you sent once saying you quite liked my posts.
That was pretty cool ;o)

Does Ray own the nursey? I don't know. if he is, he is not placing his
employees at risk. he is only placing himself at risk. if he is not his
employees have a duty of care.

I saw your post as a dig at sacha, you did post your opinion. maybe a
clouded opinion because "others" were invlolved.

don't get me wrong - i am a completley neutral party to all events and will
remain that way.

maybe it is best you disengage from some conversations.

anyway, how's snowy Manchester?