Old 10-02-2007, 07:37 AM posted to aus.gardens
meeee meeee is offline

Default Fragipani cuttings

Hi Pete....technically do everything Bronwyn said. However I'm Fangipanni
mad, and have an embarrassing (to family and friends) tendancy to hack bits
off vulnerable frangipannis (not from people's gardens of course) at any
time. I let them dry out, whack into some well drained potting mix and
voila! Of course, you'd have a higher chance of the thing surviving if you
did it properly, but I believe the most important bit is to let it dry
out/callous over for a week or two first, then make sure it's not
waterlogged. Our Big W also had some recently, Darwin Sunrise being the one
I bought, as it's a lovely deep red with yellow centre and slightly ruffled
petals...might be worth a look!

"Peter" wrote in message
Edited

Good luck with your cuttings. Take a photo of your tree, just in case
the cuttings don't make it and keep in touch, because who knows what
colours the seedlings I bought on eBay will be, the expensive one
'should' be deep red because that's why I paid all the $$$'s.

thats a really good idea i might just do that

They are a 'beautiful' flower and perfume, aren't they? Just divine in
the evenings.

i got to say i am not too enamoured with the tree its self but the
Flowers are great, especialy with my pond benath it, when the fall inot
the water they look great

Cheers