Old 10-02-2007, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tina tina is offline

Default Grow your own veg!

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 20:21:22 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

We were really looking forward to this programme as we are just about
to have a go at growing veg on a plot of land that used to be a gravel
drive.

But like most other people have said it hasnt helped us at all. Its
too .....well......arty farty....

Once we'd removed the stone gravel that covered the drive we hit a
solid patch of clay. When carol said her soil was heavy clay we
laughed our heads off as we had been telling people ours was heavy
clay, but if carols is heavy then ours must be heavy, heavy heavy
HEAVY clay :-)

W have found the TV programme of no use whatsoever to us. :-(

In the past we have noticed that whenever railway sleepers or decking
appear on such a tv prog, the price of said materials trebbles :-(

The TV programme should have been more real life.