Old 11-02-2007, 01:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga Diana Kulaga is offline

Default New atitide at the AOS?

Another PS: The magazine came this afternoon.

Diana

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
becasue to google my name and have nothing show up when one is in
business is not a good thing. (one of my patients told me that and then
the penny dropped. 'oh, yeah, huh!' )

Sounds like you need a good Google bombing! You'd need a bunch of people.
I'll bet this group would help.

You know, most people in (any) society are great. I don't know where the
dumb bunny ness comes from in them. I could say the same thing about my
local society. The 'society' in terms of friendship seems to have gone
out if it.

I hear this so often. I really feel good about our society, though when I
first joined it was the pits. I won't bore you with that story again.
Suffice to say it's great now. Newbies feel free to volunteer and learn.
Some of the surrounding societies have some great people, but the
organizations are weak. One nearby society does nothing but fight - real
knock down drag outs. Their prexy walked out and quit in the middle of a
recent meeting. Can't say I blame her, given what I know about them.

I don't know about you, but I have interests other than orchids (mystery
books specifiaclly)

Yes, many other interests. Reading is a passion, and so is writing.
Reading I always have time for, but writing has gone by the board. After
this session, I won't be VP anymore (man, it's been a long time!) and that
will take some pressure off me.

Of course these are all ideas and lord knows I don't *actually* want to
do the *work* to bring them to fruition, LOL!!!

Well, no. And why should you? That is the job of AOS and the people who
run it and decide to volunteer for it. It's time for them to look past the
old times and get with the program. It appears that they want to do that.
I'm rooting for them. I think a lot depends on how much resistance they
get from the old guard. The big money contributors love to see their pics
in print, I'm sure. I'm not trying to be snarky. But hey, face what *is*.

Diana