Old 10-02-2007, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Bubble wrap as grenhouse insulation.

In article , tina
writes
Hi,

Horse stable bolted comes to mind as the snow starts to melt, but does
anyone know how much bubble wrap is needed to insulate an 8ft x 6ft
greenhouse. Its a normal type with a sloping roof that is 8ft x 4ft
either side.

I'm sure all the organised gardners on the group have done this
already. My maths skills arnt up to it :-(

No idea but also thinking about bubble wrapping my old greenhouse until
I get the new one! Only need bubble wrap for starting seeds etc as I
have heater that keeps it just above freezing.
I found if I overwinter some shrubs and keep them too warm they continue
t grow and I lose them when they rot off or they never quite acclimatise
to the spring weather outside

I bought my bubble wrap roll from Viking quite cheap, also Ebay has
rolls of the stuff. The bits left over I can drape over makeshift
cloches
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph