Old 11-02-2007, 02:33 AM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default Fragipani cuttings

Peter writes:
Akkkk September ..... most likely senario is that we will be out of here
by april but ours does have some of the claw type ends on so i might
have a go anyways Cheers

Now is as good a time as any. Snip all but the stem of each leaf off, but
leave the tiny ones at the tip. Give the cutting a week lying on a brick in
a light spot to dry then plant in a dry spot in the garden, e.g., under the
eeves of the house, where even a fortnight of rain (yep, I'm dreaming!) will
not affect them much. Then forget about them for 10 months. Don't water them
or you'll make them rot. Just forget about them. A sheltered spot that gets
morning sun and no direct afternoon sun seems perfect.

Your biggest problem will be causing them to rot by well-meaning TLC.
Plant em then forget about em. (I think I've already said that, but it's
worth saying it again.) They like well drained sandy soil.