Old 11-02-2007, 10:28 AM posted to aus.gardens
meeee meeee is offline

Default Fragipani cuttings

"Loosecanon" wrote in message

"Peter" wrote in message
thanks meeee
mine has pink and white petals with a yellowish core in them

I took 4 cuttings and have em out in the sun now . hope it works
Cheers
pete
meeee wrote:
Hi Pete....technically do everything Bronwyn said. However I'm
Fangipanni mad, and have an embarrassing (to family and friends)
tendancy to hack bits off vulnerable frangipannis (not from people's
gardens of course) at any time. I let them dry out, whack into some well
drained potting mix and voila! Of course, you'd have a higher chance of
the thing surviving if you did it properly, but I believe the most
important bit is to let it dry out/callous over for a week or two first,
then make sure it's not waterlogged. Our Big W also had some recently,
Darwin Sunrise being the one I bought, as it's a lovely deep red with
yellow centre and slightly ruffled petals...might be worth a look!

"Peter" wrote in message
Edited
Good luck with your cuttings. Take a photo of your tree, just in case
the cuttings don't make it and keep in touch, because who knows what
colours the seedlings I bought on eBay will be, the expensive one
'should' be deep red because that's why I paid all the $$$'s.
thats a really good idea i might just do that
They are a 'beautiful' flower and perfume, aren't they? Just divine
in the evenings.
i got to say i am not too enamoured with the tree its self but the
Flowers are great, especialy with my pond benath it, when the fall inot
the water they look great

Cheers

I used to do the drying of the stems but found I lost a few. Someone told
me to wrap them in newspaper and dunk them in a bucket of water. 100%
success and better root systems. This is better for pinks and reds as they
seem to have a different sort of stem to the whites and tricolours that
grow in the temperate zones.

Anyways my 2 bobs worth.

Cheers

Richard

Thanks for this! I've had trouble with the pinks and reds as well, so this
will be worth a try.