Old 11-02-2007, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Grow Your Own Veg - yesterday

On 11 Feb, 06:25, "JennyC" wrote:
Of course......., but I get the impression that she's been raising a family
and getting a business of the ground in the intervening years.....

Hot from the press .... "It's been said that her enthusiasm for plants
would make even the least green-fingered person sit up and take
notice. Mancunian (bless) Carol joined the BBC TWO Gardeners' World
presenting team in 2005 and also runs a thriving nursery and writes
regularly for the gardening press. After leaving school at 15, she had
a succession of jobs until attending Art College in 1962, from where
she graduated with a Fine Art BA. After completing a postgraduate Art
teachers' course in Brighton, Carol taught at various schools in
London before moving into the Devonshire sunshine in the late
Seventies and raising two daughters. While living in Devon, Carol
taught art at North Devon College and started propagating plants
because she couldn't afford to buy the ones she wanted for her own
garden. Friends suggested she sell the spares, so Carol opened a stall
in the local market and, eventually, people began going to her nursery
instead. Now it's a thriving business and Carol loves to hear how her
plants have done."

She wrote many books - Plant Personnalities in 2004, A Touch of Winter
Colour in 2005, The Edible Container Garden in 2006, numerous articles
in magasines, newspapers etc. and videos, one of which is the behind
the scene of Chelsea 2006 (it was great coz I was there ;o). She made
lots of Radio shows, tv shows etc. I mean, how can someone criticise
this woman? I'm baffled. Many posters here own up to never have grown
leeks ... and I can quote them ... nor do they know when to plant
seeds ... take cuttings etc. Who are you and what have you done?
Huh?!