Old 11-02-2007, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Inverted snobbery.... yawn. (OT)

"'Mike'" wrote in message
news
"JennyC" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote

Can any woman do any worse for any country that what Thatcher did for
Great Britain? :-(

She did what Hitler tried to do, bring the country to its knees. :-(
Mike

Much as I disliked her as a person, she did a GREAT job of getting the
unions in their place.

And in doing so wrecked British Industry. That was good was it?

What was so great about industry? Filthy factories poluting the air.......
GDP - composition by sector: agricultu 1%
industry: 25.6%
services: 73.4% (2006 est.)

Seems a better option to me :~)

The Economist had a special about Britain recently - 2nd highest GDP in
Europe - low unemployment - amazing !!

I like the word "recently" that you put in there :-))

20 years to recover? That's good is it?

and who pays for it now? Us the tax payer. Do you like paying all these
high taxes? Petrol? Air Travel? Pay by the mile on top of your car tax,
petrol tax, MOT tax, PAYE tax before you even get your money? I am taxed
on my pensions because I have so many, I 'saved for my future' and get
taxed on it, I get taxed on my investments.
All good?
Mike

You pay a LOT less tax than most Europeans .....
Jenny