Old 11-02-2007, 05:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,alt.religion.kibology
Mark Edwards Mark Edwards is offline

Default Ttop posting.

[snipes]

No cluons were harmed when R M. Watkin wrote:
The reason that people top post is because all the excess dross
is not sniped.

This is simply not true. Some of us always snipe at the excess dross.
Others, like me, snipe at dross even when it is not in excess. Many people
snipe simply to be sniping. I don't know how many snipers actually own the
requisite sniper rifles, so I won't hazard a guess, but there are probably
enough to trim down the number of top posters and dross posters.

This means you have to wade through the whole
post to get to the point. Hope this helps you.

What if the whole post only comes up to your ankles? Is this still wading?
Or does the post have to come up to your waist to be considered as wading?
What if the post is so noxious as to dissolve reinforced concrete - does
top posting matter if you refuse to wade in at all?

As for help, I would hope someone would throw me a line and pull me out
if I waded in too deeply and found myself unable to make my way back to the
firm solidity of Terra Usenetta. If that person used the line to drag me
under, however, it might be funny, but would not be very helpful...

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request