Old 11-02-2007, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Keith \(Dorset\) Keith \(Dorset\) is offline

Default Grow Your Own Veg - yesterday

"The Minister" wrote in message
oups.com...

she admits to not veg gardening for at least 20 years and she is
honest enought to admit that she took it on as she was asked to by the
programme makers I just wish she would not put all that coloured stuff
on her eyes it looks so strange with the gardening clothes

She looks exactly like the women who used to inhabit Greenham Common Peace
camp in the 1980s.

I don't have a problem with them, her, or even how she sounds (although her
voisce does grate on my southern ears). I am just annoyed because I really
wanted to learn about growing pumpkins and squashes!

When that title came up at the start of the programme I said to myself: that
sounds interesting and different - but how on earth are they going to fill a
whole programme like this with it?

It transpired that there was virtually nothing about 'growing' in the whole
episode. Halfway through the prog. I began getting so irritated by Carol's
continued 'yummy' expressions that I almsot switched the box off. I decided
to hang on however, to see what I could learn from the rest of the
programme. All I saw was families around a bonfire.

Keith