Old 11-02-2007, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Frank Lee Speke-King Frank Lee Speke-King is offline

Default Grow Your Own Veg - yesterday

Keith (Dorset) wrote:

Oh dear... :-(

You too, eh?

I found that the series was a disjointed collection of facts,
opinions, and "doesn't that taste whatever..."

I had the impression that the intention of the series was partly to
encourage one to grow some vegeables, no matter how small a plot,
trough, or pot one had.

But there was no advice on how to do it. What would be sown, and when,
in order to maximise the results from each of these: that's what I was
looking for, and it was conspicuous by it's absence. I still have
little idea as to what was grown, in turn, in the 3 x 3 plot.

As I like Carol as a counterbalance to the Dominating Don, this series
could have been used to raise her status, but it didn't.

The robin was the best bit, IMHO.