Old 11-02-2007, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Grow your own veg!

On 11 Feb, 15:09, tina wrote:

Leeds. Your lucky to have a friend in the trade.

Lots of friends in timbers indeed, from tree surgeons to artists,
sculptors and joiners, cabinet makers and a husband who would like
nothing better for a present than a nice plank of maple ) I got him
2 x 5m long plank of cherry (with bark on the edges) from Middlewood
last year. Both plank cost me 14 quids, bred, cut and dried in
Middlewood. It's a nice trip for the day from where you are. My friend
runs it since the 60s. He has become my guru )

http://www.middlewood.org.uk/middlewood.html

Where do you live?

Manchester. Give me a couple of days and I'll find you something a bit
cheaper than 25 quids a sleeper in or around Leeds. I'll ask around.