Old 11-02-2007, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Inverted snobbery.... yawn. (OT)

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
.. .

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"JennyC" wrote in message

[...]
Or the idiocy of coming out on strike because there is not enough

sugar in
the tea (Ford Dagenham)

I didn't know that!

But did it actually happen? In any civilian employment I know about,
people pay for their own at the canteen or from the tea swindle: not
something it would make any sense to take up with the management. Few
adult civilians would be subjected to a situation where they didn't have
a choice about how much sugar went in their tea. I fancy I scent an
urban myth of perhaps even less than "Winterval" credibility.
Mike.

Could be an urban legend Mike, but it does give one a feel of how it was in
those days :~)
Jenny