Old 11-02-2007, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default OT Tetanus jabs

On 9/2/07 17:34, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"bof" wrote in message
In message , Sacha
writes
Just a word of warning to those who haven't had a tetanus jab lately.
Please keep up to date!

I got bitten by a dog a while back and went to hospital for a tetanus jab,
they said they didn't bother giving them these days.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk

Yes that figures. I asked the Doc about tetanus injections and he said the
same. Perhaps policy varies from place to place?

Must do. Ray was given one when he finally went for help, two days after
the bites. But the doctor we talked to later said that it's the infection
in the wound that's worrying, not tetanus, though he did say tetanus jabs
would be routine in such cases - this might be because Ray works in
horticulture. He's out of hospital and home but still his hand is painful
and tomorrow he has to go for a check up at the hospital.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk