Old 11-02-2007, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default OT Tetanus jabs

On 9/2/07 22:44, in article , "Space"
wrote:

snip

Does Ray own the nursey? I don't know. if he is, he is not placing his
employees at risk. he is only placing himself at risk. if he is not his
employees have a duty of care.

Yes, Ray owns the nursery. ;-) Yes, we check our employees are properly
covered in terms of health and insurance, as are the public who visit us.
Yes, Puce couldn't possibly resist the opportunity of this piece of
nastiness. She has actually driven here to be photographed outside, staring
at our entrance sign, so she certainly knows Ray owns the nursery, where it
is, etc. Apart from anything else my sig.file makes the situation clear.

However, what happened to Ray, happened in our private house, not in the
nursery and it was as such that I posted. Any gardener, anyone working with
animals might have this reaction to a dog bite.

I saw your post as a dig at sacha, you did post your opinion. maybe a
clouded opinion because "others" were invlolved.

Yes, it was a dig but that is not unusual. Ray has had many tetanus
injections in his 73 years of life but the reason for my posting as I did
was to warn/remind all those who might not have kept up to date for one
reason or another. AIUI (from our doctor) how old you are, your general
health and when you first and last had tet injections (i.e. what vaccine
would have been used) are all factors that must be considered. And quite
rarely, some people are allergic to the normal tet vaccine and perhaps, need
to be aware of that, too.

snip
--
Sacha