Old 11-02-2007, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman cineman is offline

Default Summer elsewhere?

Hi,
Until last couple of weeks my Gazanias (tiger stripes) have been flowering
but all heads are now brown and dead, but leaves are still OK, looks like I
may keep them through winter.
Also have carnation in floweroutside greenhouseand couple of fuschias in
hanging baskets are showing early signs of shooting again, even with all the
snow we have had here.

Cineman (West Midlands)

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
I just returned from Jersey this evening. In my son's garden there are
Gazanias flowering, along with daffodils and Coronilla and a few other
things you'd expect to see in spring. Last night the wind howled and blew
and screamed around their house but the Camellias remained relatively
serene
and the Gazanias bloomed on. I found that a slightly surreal experience!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk