Old 26-03-2003, 01:08 AM
vincent p. norris

Default Can I Use Leftover Lawn Fertilizer from Last Year?

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:51:59 GMT, Pam wrote:

I have not fertilized my lawn since I purchased a mulching mower about 10
years ago........ I don't water in summer other than what overfall it may get from my other plantings - I allow it to
go dormant (as is the nature of cool season grasses - your area may be
different) and it revives wonderfully as soon as the fall rains appear.

Other than a weekly mowing in season, my lawn requires NO OTHER WORK.
pam - gardengal

In case people find that hard to believe, I have not fertilized or
watered my lawn for at least 20 years.

I use a mulching mower and cut the grass 3 inches high.

I live in central PA, and all you gardeners probably know about the
droughts we've had. My lawn stayed green. I think it's because the
grass was forced to send roots down deep, where they can find a bit of
moisture even in the driest times.

Over the years, I've probably saved a thousand bucks and a hell of a
lot of work.

vince norris