Old 12-02-2007, 09:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George.com George.com is offline

Default Yellow plu tomatoes

"George.com" wrote in message

"Mary" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 9, 9:20 pm, wrote:
I've seen a new variety of yellow plum tomatoes in the cataloges this
year- has anyone tried them? I was interested to read about the San
Marzano and will have to look for them this year. I've grown the
Cherokee heirloom tomatoe and really liked the taste- they are a deep
maroon color.

I am not sure what variety of tomato I am growing however it is yellow

bell
shaped fruit about the size of a currant. The plant is very late maturing,
it set fruit quite some time ago however things are finally starting to
yellow up. It has been deset by blight (late blight I think) that has

watsed
part of the plant. The blight also wasted part of a grosse lisse growing
alongside. We have had a cool moist summer thus far which is greta for
blight, bad for early maturing of tomatos. Can't yet tell you how they
taste.

rob

tried one tonight, not bad, a very muted taste alongside red tomatos. Maybe
it needs to ripen a little more to boost the flavours.

rob