Old 26-03-2003, 01:20 AM
bthache

Default Can I Use Leftover Lawn Fertilizer from Last Year?

Living out in the bush like we do, we can't water the lawn. We're on a
water pump system (electric, not hand!) and sandpoints so that kind of water
just isn't there. My lawn only shows damage from this in the most extreme
season and not normally until almost the end of the summer. It comes back
just beautifully the following spring anyway, so I don't worry about it
anymore. The water is more important for my veggies!
--
Tammie
Zone 2b-3a Far Northern Ontario

"vincent p. norris" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:51:59 GMT, Pam wrote:

I have not fertilized my lawn since I purchased a mulching mower about 10
years ago........ I don't water in summer other than what overfall it may

get from my other plantings - I allow it to
go dormant (as is the nature of cool season grasses - your area may be
different) and it revives wonderfully as soon as the fall rains appear.

Other than a weekly mowing in season, my lawn requires NO OTHER WORK.
pam - gardengal

In case people find that hard to believe, I have not fertilized or
watered my lawn for at least 20 years.

I use a mulching mower and cut the grass 3 inches high.

I live in central PA, and all you gardeners probably know about the
droughts we've had. My lawn stayed green. I think it's because the
grass was forced to send roots down deep, where they can find a bit of
moisture even in the driest times.

Over the years, I've probably saved a thousand bucks and a hell of a
lot of work.

vince norris