Old 12-02-2007, 03:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] pakrat@localhost.private.neotoma.org is offline

Default Monterey Pine Orchid Bark

On 9 Feb 2007 12:53:29 -0800 in . com jadel wrote:

There's a place in NZ that sells it by the ton -literally- but other
than that, I can't find any other vendor, at least not in a brief
check on Google.

There's a product called Black Gold that is made of composted pine
bark, but I can't find any reference to what species of pine is used
in it.

J. Del Col (who uses Diatomite)

Yeah, if you need a 20' cargo container of it...
http://www.moutere.com/bark
For the quantities used in the study that probably triggered this thread...
Contact Erik Runkle at MSU.
His email is buried in
http://www.hrt.msu.edu/faculty/Runkl...20part%202.pdf

Actually this bring up an off thread question.
How do folks that continually tinker with potting materials
obtain their inital samples for testing? And when they make
the move to being distributors, is it normal to end up with
a couple cargo containers of the material?
--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up