Old 12-02-2007, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default OT Tetanus jabs

On 12/2/07 11:49, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

Oscar is entire, the JRs aren't but it
seems to make no difference to the JRs in terms of sheer bloody mindedness.
Love them both as I do, I will never have two together again!

People who don't own dogs often make the assumption that smaller dogs
are less hassle but generally the bigger dogs don't have the 'Terrier'
mentality of taking and maintaining a dislike for another dog They can
be feisty little beggars even Yorkshire terriers!
Bigger dogs don't seem to be so keen to start a fight nor to take
umbrage but I hope they settle down for your sake Sacha!

So do I because they're absolute demons when they get the mood on them! It
seems that the one who is definitely bottom of the pack is always ready to
start a fight when the whim takes him, while Oscar and Bromley are
reasonably peaceable. But no, small does not mean easier! My son's
Alsatian is huge and is the biggest wuss known to man. If you talk even
slightly sternly to him, he flees to his bed and if you bend down to tickle
his tummy while he's lying down he's known for what we politely call his
'stress incontinence'. ;-)
As one dachie breeder said to me, they're not small dogs, they're big dogs
with short legs!

Best wishes to Ray for a continued improvement, antibiotics can often
make you feel lousy and trips to the hospital are often more infectious
than the primary disease

Thank you, Janet. His check up this am went well and they don't want to see
him again unless something untowards happens. He still has to do the hand
exercises, get a final check with his GP and stay away from work for a week.
At lest I know now that retirement will never, as I thought, figure in Ray's
plans. He's deathly bored with no work to do! His greeting on my return
home last night of "It's so good to have you home" was just slightly tinted
by the remark a few seconds later of "It's really boring here on my own"!!
;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk