Old 12-02-2007, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve Wolstenholme Steve Wolstenholme is offline

Default Summer elsewhere?

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:17:10 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:31:34 +0000, Steve Wolstenholme
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:01:22 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

Such as ?????????

Well, the local stormy weather will be more frequent and more intense.
That's my prediction, using my own methods. I'm not influenced by
other reports.

I find that totally improbable.

Why? I don't usually even read them.

"I think" that the world is such a massive lump of matter that has existed
for millions of years before man stepped foot on it, that it will do its own
thing until long after man has disappeared.

Yes, but I'm not interested in what happened millions of years ago. I
mean now and the remaining years of my life. I'm a bit selfish.

However, carry on panicking and playing into the governments tax fiddles
:-(( along with the rest of the tree huggers

I'm neither panicking or tree hugging. I am just using my software to
predict short term changes based on the last few years.

How many last few years and how short is short term?

The current serial mode grid column is selected from 1980 to now and
then forecasting is to 2009 and beyond. Apart from obvious forecasts
like summer being warmer than winter I have no way to verify the
forecast until they happen. Winter 2006 was not as forecasted but so
far 2007 is fairly close. It's a very useful test for my software but
I wouldn't put any money on it!

Steve