Old 26-03-2003, 01:20 AM
shannie

Default Hoax?

definately a virus carrier this one. All the advise is correct, delet it and
empty your deleted items folder. Just as an aside there is another one, its
not high priority as yet but it's building, again the titles are different
but they all purport to have something to do with the war in iraq, usually
something like "war pics" or similar. As these virus's can be spread through
address books, they may unwittingly come from someone you know, if their
addy book has been infected. If you get unsolicited mail(similar to above)
with attachments, even from someone you know, delete them. If they turn out
to be genuine you can always ask your friends to resend them. Have a look at
the link below fyi.

Shan (Ireland)

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/

"Stephen Goodall" wrote in message
news
I have received this message several times each time the attachment is
infected with a virus not always the same one. So delete it without
opening
the attachment and empty your deleted items folder.

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
I have received an e-mail today purporting to be from Microsoft Security
Division advising me to download and install their March 2003 Security
Patch. The message in convincingly worded, but it contains some
inconstancies with the usual MS style. I have checked at Widows Updates
on the MS site and that tells me that no critical updates are due for
downloading in my PC. I am assuming that the message is a hoax and that
to download it would cause problems. Can anyone confirm this please?
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.