Old 13-02-2007, 01:49 AM posted to rec.ponds
Zebulon Zebulon is offline

Default Looks like Carol has had yet another temper tantrum...and trashed the groups once again

"Galen Hekhuis" wrote in message
On 12 Feb 2007 17:03:28 -0800, "Nekojin" wrote:

After the trashing Jan and Gill gave her... well you know Carol is
what Carol does.
I doubt Jan and all the other moderators will even bother replying to
her antics.

did you know it has taken them more than three month to figure out how
to exclude her in their moderation policy?

=========================
We haven't been trying to exclude anyone.

Galen, he's been told that many times by many people in the past weeks. He
just keeps repeating the same thing over and over using different
names/nyms. They finally stopped replying to him on the news.groups group.
He wants to be reassured that certain people will be excluded from
moderated.rec.ponds. He's one of the two people "on a mission" holding this
group "hostage," as Jayne referred to the situation here.

brevity snip

But more to the point as to when rpm might be running, there are
exactly two software packages that come anywhere close to what we want
to do. Out of this vast selection, we have pretty much decided on the
one and are trying to get it configured, get it a host machine and
newsfeed, that sort of stuff.

By host machine you mean a machine that's connected to the net 24/7/365 I
assume. All this work will be worth it in the end.

Then we want to run a few "trial" posts
through it so that the moderaters know how to use the system and feel
comfortable with it. I understand things happen pretty fast once the
final discussion is finished. We want to have all our "ducks in line"
when that happens. I'm just guessing, but from where I sit early
March sounds like a pretty reasonable guess for when rpm ought to be
up and running.

Just in time for the new spring posters....... :-))
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.