Old 12-02-2007, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default Totally OT, help requested

June Hughes wrote:
In message , June Hughes
writes
In message , Tom
writes

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
.. .
.

My son at Durham University needs some data for his undergraduate
dissertation, and has posted a short IQ test at the following site:
http://www.dur.ac.uk/j.a.lyle/index.php

He'd be very grateful to any volunteer guinea pigs kind-hearted
enough to take part. It's anonymous, of course; but anybody who
cares to supply an email address goes into a draw for a prize of
£20!

I just got this back

"Your IQ is: 133

Thanks for taking part in the survey.

You will be notified of the prize-draw winner in late Spring."

Which is about what I expected from a short online IQ test.
Whenever you get more than two standard deviations above or below
the norm things tend to get hazy.

I was hoping he would give us access to his completed data though,
with anonymity of course.

I haven't heard anything yet.

Just got it. 143 but I don't really know what that means. Bas did it
too and he hasn't had a reply yet.

To all. (You probably don't want me clogging up the thread with
individual replies.) That's very strange: I'd have expected the scores
to be available immediately, since they must surely be machine-graded.
I'll look into it. Of course his interpretation of the data won't be
done by the computer, and that will take time. I've already let him know
that a lot of those who kindly gave their time would be interested in
some sort of debriefing document; but as that would be based on the
dissertation as a whole it can only be done at the end. But I'll keep
hounding him gently.

--
Mike.