Old 13-02-2007, 03:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan Carl 1 Lucky Texan is offline

Default Moles/gophers heading my way - how to stop?

wrote:

In article , "Ook"
Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the
Don't send me any freakin' spam says...

There is a vacant lot adjoining my lot, and at the far end we are just now
seeing signs of moles/gophers. They are spreading into the lot, and I want
to stop them before they hit my lot. Any suggestions? I'd like to drive them
off, but I'll kill them if I have to - no holds barred, I won't have them
terrorizing my garden.

My guess on a first defence would be dig down, along the property
line, and have a barrier that extended maybe two or three feet
underground. Some gauge chicken wire, to block them when they
are tunnelling.

won't work - they have no problem moving above ground if necessary.
Might as well start thinking of a name for your new invisible pet.

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)