Old 26-03-2003, 03:20 AM
Elpaninaro

Default Help please with this heated seedling mat

Good evening all,

The Paph flasks are now in compot and going great! And my seedling mat finally
arrived yesterday to keep the plants warm.

I never thought much of it at the time, but now I realize that I was about to
place this mat directly on the metal grid shelving of my indoor growing set up.

Is this asking for trouble? Do any of you who recommended this mat use it on
metal? If so, should I take any steps to keep the metal separate from the mat-
ie a rubber mat or perhaps some bath towels?

Also wondering if you guys leave this plugged in 24-7. For now just to be safe
I am tempted to use at night only, and perhaps also buy the regulator that is
optional. The ad said 10-20 degrees over ambient temp so I had assumed it was
adjustable. Granted there will be plastic trays holding the plants, but I am
concerned about things getting too warm.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Tom.

PS- To all the sanderianum growers out there- just tonight ordered my flasks of
that and Sam's latest PEOY. I will keep good records and pics (delivery
expected in 3-4 weeks after a few big shows are completed) and look forward to
hearing further on everyone's results.