Old 13-02-2007, 09:03 AM posted to austin.gardening
Noncompliant Noncompliant is offline

Default Dumb question

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:22:26 GMT, "Noncompliant"
wrote:

Speaking of coffee, what about those coffee paper filters. Are they
biodegradable? The #4 cone filters seem to be much thicker, in some cases
visible sewn threads on the seams. The basket type seem much thinner.
Want
to just dump contents each day in a container. Bury contents including
filters. Separating the used coffee grinds and filter always results in a
bit of mess. Presently using basket type.

You can buy any size cone any size which is made of mesh and is
reuseable over and over again. That's what we do. I believe there
are some biodegradable filters, maybe this info will be on the box.

We use those basket type. Get em at the local Dollar General for a dollar a
bag. No mention of material spec or biodegradability on plastic bag
container.

Coffee makers here last about 2 years before something breaks like the
heating element. My priors were cone, my last and current choice has the
basket type.
--
Noncompliant