Old 13-02-2007, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default OT - Nightingales in February?

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 07:32:58 +0000
Sacha wrote:

On 13/2/07 06:54, in article
, "Dave Poole"
wrote:

Although the song is quite different, I can't help wondering whether
you've heard robins singing David. With the onset of the breeding
season males often sing throughout the night, regardless of light
conditions. There's one very cheerful chappie resident in my garden
who's been singing his heart out for several hours every night over
the past few weeks.

Same in this garden and the owls are going like gangbusters!

An owl spent the night in the attic over my head. When it first woke
me I thought it was the telephone in the other part of the house.
Then it went on, and on...

No Nightingales here yet David, just miles to the south of you.

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to